Staffing Coordinator/Unit Clerk
Beatitudes Campus was founded in 1965 as a place where older adults could live, learn, and grow through all the days of their lives. Our Founders dreamed of a "campus," borrowing the term from the educational community because of its sense of continual growth and vibrancy. Our Campus was one of the first to introduce the concept of continuing care and improve the quality of retirement living in North Central Phoenix.
We are currently looking for a Full Time Staffing Coordinator/Unit Clerk to join our Nursing team!
Statement of Purpose: Responsible for performing a variety of clerical duties relating to the updating and organizing of information on the nursing units; coordinating work within the unit as well as with other units and departments; reporting pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responding to inquiries and requests from staff personnel, etc. This position reports to the Director/Assistant of Nursing and is non-exempt from overtime pay.
Major Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Perform various clerical duties relating to the updating and organizing of information on the nursing units as illustrated by the following:
- Maintenance tasks relating to chart order, chart accuracy, and chart current data.
- Keep all necessary lists and schedules.
- Answer the telephone in a professional manner; direct calls to appropriate individuals, and/or take messages.
- Stock units with office and medical supplies weekly; prepare requisitions to maintain established inventories.
- Fax and photocopy information as needed.
- Coordinate specific work tasks with other personnel within the unit as well as within other units and departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
- Respond to inquiries relating to his/her particular area within given timeframes and within established policy.
- Participate in computer training and assume gradually increasing computer-related responsibilities.
- Set up room for new admissions and transfers by securing admission kit, chart labels, and room labels. Check room for general readiness.
- Process a variety of information for new admissions and readmissions; i.e., assemble charts, prepare physical examination cards, add resident's name to laboratory list and census list, complete diet slip; and process other admission information.
- Process information for resident transfers and deaths, including preparation of the demographic portion of the transfer form; photocopy pertinent information and requested, including advance directive and recent history and physical form.
- Complete rehabilitative, x-ray, dietary, housekeeping, and maintenance slips daily as needed; prepare bath and laxative sheets weekly; and update the information as needed.
- Maintain resident charts; add incoming information to the charts; i.e., laboratory reports and consultation forms.
- Keep all necessary lists and schedules, including unit census in order and up to date on assigned nursing units.
- Coordinate residents' appointments with families and Transportation Assistant.
- Remove documents from charts according to established schedule and obtain old records from Medical Records Department as requested; disassemble chart as soon as resident is discharged and forward it to Medical Records.
- Prepare physician monthly schedule, physician log sheet, and laboratory schedule by the 25th of the month for the following month.
- Check on resident supplies weekly, including identification bracelet; replace identification bracelet when needed.
- Order Med B supplies for individual residents, unpack supplies, check packing slips for accuracy, and deliver signed packing slips to the box in the reception area.
- When a resident is discharged, contact PCP to make follow up appointment and fax current information related to their stay in care center. In addition when a request for records is made on a current resident the Unit Clerks will be responsible for this. If a request is made for a discharged resident then medical records will be responsible for that task.
- Other duties as assigned, including tasks which support the essential functions and may be changed or redesigned.
- Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; knowledge of medical/nursing terminology; good interpersonal relations and communicative skills; moderate PC skills with emphasis on accuracy; good organizational skills. Some health care experience preferred.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered as detailed description of all the work requirements which may be inherent in the position.
Beatitudes Campus is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Please Be Advised: Background checks, reference checks, TB testing, and drug and alcohol screenings are part of the hiring process at Beatitudes Campus. Felony convictions should be disclosed, but will not necessarily bar a candidate from employment.
Job Status: Full Time