Senior Community Outreach Ambassador
Statement of Purpose: The Senior Community Outreach Ambassador’s primary responsibilities are to build strategic relationships, conduct a variety of outreach activities, represent Beatitudes Campus at public relations events and to assist with development of the Beatitudes Campus Marketing and Communications Plan. This position reports to the Sr. Vice President of Sales and Marketing and is exempt from overtime pay.
Major Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities:
The Senior Community Outreach Coordinator’s primary responsibilities are to build strategic relationships, conduct a variety of outreach activities, represent Beatitudes Campus at public relations events, manage and increase all incoming referrals to Beatitudes’ B at Home programs including Beatitudes at Home and Beatitudes Home Health and to assist with development of the Beatitudes Campus Marketing and Communications Plan.
Community outreach and recruitment
- Create and implement annual outreach plan for home care and home health services. This plan works in conjunction with the overall campus plan.
- Work with Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing to develop marketing plans to obtain new business and clients in line with organizational objectives.
- Assist in establishing goals for starts of care and patient hours within Beatitudes’ B at Home programs including;
- Attend relevant community meetings; participate in relevant councils, roundtables and committees.
- Under the direction of the Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, acts as liaison with trade and referral organizations such as AZNHA (Arizona In-Home Care Association), AzGS (Arizona Geriatric Society), Banner Alzheimer’s Institute, CADA (Central Phoenix Advocates for Dementia Awareness)/AFTD (Association for Frontotemporal Degeneration), Arizona Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce, PASRS (Professional Association of Senior Referral Services), North Valley Coalition on Aging (NVCOA), SWNG (Social Workers Networking Group), Duet: Partners in Health & Aging, AARP Arizona and any other relevant organizations as needed
- Schedule and personally conduct at least 8 presentations a month on or off campus.
- Develop two education/market development home health/home care on campus events per year.
- Maintain relationships with collaborative partners and cultivate new ones.
- Coordinate special events including business and advocacy organizations use of the Campus.
- Create annual plan established with the Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing and coordinated with Dining Services and the campus set up process.
- Assist with defining and creating Rehab Without Walls product line and marketing this opportunity to the off-campus community.
- Work with the Life Enrichment department to provide new volunteers for the campus as identified through community contacts.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
Qualifications & Competencies: Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) and a minimum two years’ experience in successful community outreach/recruitment and volunteer coordination. Excellent public speaking and presentation skills. Ability to connect with others and forge strong relationships. Committed to the mission of serving seniors and adults with disabilities. Highly organized, analytical, IT-competent – proficient in Microsoft Office programs and volunteer tracking databases.
Ability to perform several tasks concurrently, time management and organizational skills. Ability to support, network and motivate staff, volunteers and clientele. Ability to maintain confidential information. Ability to organize and maintain detailed records; complete necessary paperwork and meet deadlines. Spanish speaking a plus.
Essential functions/working conditions. Light physical demands. Must be able to work under stress of meeting deadlines and changing priorities. Able to manipulate normal business machines and technology. For example; able to operate computer and computer systems, office copiers, fax, remote access, phones. Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing Salaried position with full benefits including health, dental, retirement savings, paid time off (PTO), and holidays offered.
Education and Experience:
- 4-Year College Degree preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in successful community outreach/recruitment and volunteer coordination
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs and volunteer tracking databases
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered as detailed description of all the work requirements which may be inherent in the position.
Pay: $19 to $23/hour
Salaried position. Depending on experience.
Job Status: Full Time