Security Guard (Full Time, 3rd Shift)
Beatitudes Campus was founded in 1965 as a place where older adults could live, learn, and grow through all the days of their lives. Our Founders dreamed of a "campus," borrowing the term from the educational community because of its sense of continual growth and vibrancy. Our Campus was one of the first to introduce the concept of continuing care and improve the quality of retirement living in North Central Phoenix.
We are currently looking for a third shift Security Guard to join our Security team!
Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Security and Shift Security Supervisor, performs all levels of security duties to ensure safety & security throughout the campus for all residents, visitors, and staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Insures the safety and security of Beatitudes Campus residents and staff.
• First response to render first aid in the event of a resident emergency.
• Responds to security alerts and initiates control procedures as specified by policy.
• Communicates need for additional emergency back up as needed to assure the safety of the residents.
• Follows all established safety policies and procedures in the performance of work duties. Keeps work area(s) free of hazardous conditions. Models and reinforces accident prevention behaviors.
• Promptly reports all identified problems or service concerns beyond scope of job to supervisor. Reports all unsafe or potentially hazardous situations to supervisor immediately.
• Reports all accidents/incidents, no matter how minor, to supervisor immediately, and documents as required.
• Understands and respects residents’ rights to privacy and self-determination.
• Performs scheduled lock-up and un-lock procedures.
• Assist in the coordination of removing deceased.
• Must be available to work on-call.
• Attends and participates in Maintenance staff meetings, on-the-job training programs, and all mandatory in-service programs.
• In the absence of maintenance personnel, performs emergency maintenance response for plumbing, electrical, heating, cooling, mechanical, and carpentry. Isolates problem as necessary and notifies on-call maintenance person.
• Assists with set-ups and break-downs for Campus events as needed.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
• High school graduate or GED.
• Valid CPR Certificate
• First Aid training completed.
AZ Guard Card preferred.
• English speaking, reading, and writing skills sufficient to carry out job duties, perform necessary training, and communicate effectively with residents, families, and staff.
• At least 2 years of related security/first aid/maintenance experience, preferably in long-term care or health care facility.
• Specialty training may substitute for one year of experience.
• Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
• Must have valid Arizona Drivers License
• May be required to obtain Guard Card
• May be required to be certified through DPS training
• Must possess the ability to make independent decisions consistent with scope of job duties
• Must demonstrate ability to work as a member of a team.
• Must be able to operate courteously, efficiently, and effectively in a fast-paced, multi-task environment.
• May be required to work various shifts and hours.
• Works indoors and outdoors, often in adverse weather conditions.
• Required to walk for extended periods of time, climb stairs, run from one building to the next and may be required to ride a bicycle.
• Some movement of heavy equipment and supplies, many in excess of 50 pounds.
• Frequent changes of position throughout the work day, IE: sitting, standing, bending, lifting, pushing, and pulling.
• May be required to work in cramped spaces.
• May be exposed to infectious diseases/substances and hazardous working materials.
• Moving or assisting with removal of deceased.
• May perform emergency response including, but not limited to, CPR and first aid treatment.
• May be subject to minor cuts, bruises, and burns from equipment, and to unpleasant odors.
• May be required to work overtime, including call-backs, possibly on week-ends.
• Holiday work is required.
• Weekend work is required for special Campus events.
Beatitudes Campus is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Please Be Advised: Background checks, reference checks, TB testing, and drug and alcohol screenings are part of the hiring process at Beatitudes Campus. Felony convictions should be disclosed, but will not necessarily bar a candidate from employment.
Pay: from $14/hour
Opportunities for advancement
Job Status: Full Time