Beatitudes Campus was founded in 1965 as a place where older adults could live, learn, and grow through all the days of their lives. Our Founders dreamed of a "campus," borrowing the term from the educational community because of its sense of continual growth and vibrancy. Our Campus was one of the first to introduce the concept of continuing care and improve the quality of retirement living in North Central Phoenix.
We are currently looking for a Full Time Rn to join our team!
Statement of Purpose: This position provides direct nursing care to the residents, and to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by nursing assistants. Such supervision must be in accordance with current Federal, State and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be required by the Director of Nursing to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times. This position reports to the Director and Assistant Director of Nursing and is non-exempt from overtime.
Major Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Direct day-to-day functions of the nursing assistants in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care facility
- Ensure that the Nursing Service Procedures Manual is followed in rendering nursing care
- Ensure that all nursing service personnel are following their respective job descriptions
- Participate in survey (inspections) made by authorized government agencies
- Perform administrative duties such as completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc., as necessary
- Periodically review the resident’s written discharge plan. Participate in the updating of the resident’s written discharge
- Admit, transfer and discharge residents as required
- Complete resident and employee accident/incident reports as necessary
- Receive telephone orders from physicians
- Transcribe physician’s orders to resident charts, treatment/care plans
- Perform routine charting duties as required
- Prepare and administer medications as ordered by the physician
- Ensure that an adequate supply of floor stock medications, supplies, and equipment are on hand to meet the nursing needs of the residents
- Notify the Nursing Supervisor or DON of all drug and narcotic discrepancies noted on your shift
- Make rounds with physician as necessary
- Make independent decisions concerning nursing care
- Participate in the orientation of new residents/family members to the facility
- Evaluate staffing needs for your shift
- Develop work assignments
- Participate in determining your shifts staffing requirements
- Recommend to the nursing supervisor the equipment and supply needs of your unit
- Participate on Interdisciplinary Care Plan Team, Wound Team, Admission Team, Restorative Nursing Team, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Graduate of an approved RN program
Current/valid Arizona RN Nursing License
Current First Aid/CPR
Current Fingerprint Clearance Card
We will train new grad nurses!
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered as detailed description of all the work requirements which may be inherent in the position.
Beatitudes Campus is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Please Be Advised: Background checks, reference checks, TB testing, and drug and alcohol screenings are part of the hiring process at Beatitudes Campus. Felony convictions should be disclosed, but will not necessarily bar a candidate from employment.
Pay: from $33/hour
Salary will be determined by experience
Job Status: Full Time