Registered Nurse (RN) - Home Health (Per Diem, On Call)
Beatitudes Campus was founded in 1965 as a place where older adults could live, learn, and grow through all the days of their lives. Our Founders dreamed of a "campus," borrowing the term from the educational community because of its sense of continual growth and vibrancy. Our Campus was one of the first to introduce the concept of continuing care and improve the quality of retirement living in North Central Phoenix.
We are currently looking for a per diem Home Health RN to join our team! Flexible schedules and no minimum hours required! Pay rates based on experience.
The registered nurse is responsible for planning, organizing and directing home care services and is experienced in nursing, emphasis on community health education/experience. The professional nurse builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the needs of individuals and families within their homes and communities.
Home Health RN Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete and initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs
- Provide a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness (es)
- Regularly re-evaluate patient nursing needs
- Initiate the plan of care and make necessary revisions as patient status and needs change
- Use health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis
- Develop a care plan, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporate therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions
- Include patient and the family in the planning process
- Initiate appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures
- Administer medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician
- Counsel the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs
- Provide health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan of care
- Identify discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implement prior to discharge of the patient
- Act as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor and assume responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload
- Prepare clinical notes and update the primary physician when necessary and at minimum, every 60 days
- Communicate with physician regarding patient needs and report any changes in patient condition; obtain/receive physician orders as required
- Participate in on-call duties as defined by the on-call policy
- Ensure arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available
- Instruct, supervise and evaluate home health aide care provides every two weeks
- Direct day-to-day functions in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care facility
- Ensure that the Nursing Service Procedures Manual is followed in rendering nursing care
- Participate in survey (inspections) made by authorized government agencies
- Perform administrative duties such as completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc., as necessary
- Periodically review the written client’s discharge plan and participate in the updating of the resident’s written discharge
- Admit, transfer and discharge client’s as required
- Receive telephone orders from physicians
- Transcribe physician’s orders to resident charts, treatment/care plans
- Perform routine charting duties as required
- Prepare and administer medications as ordered by the physician
- Ensure that an adequate supplies and equipment are on hand to meet the nursing needs of the home health clients.
- Make independent decisions concerning nursing care
- Evaluate staffing needs for your shift
- Develop work assignments
- Participate in determining your shifts staffing requirements
- Recommend to the Clinical Supervisor equipment and supply needs.
Skills / Requirements
Education, Experience, and Other Requirements:
- One year home health experience
- Required Licensure/Certification: Current/valid Arizona RN License verifiable through AZSBN
- Possess and maintain CPR certification
- Have or be able to apply for Fingerprint Clearance
- Licensed driver with reliable automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements
Beatitudes Campus is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Please Be Advised: Background checks, reference checks, TB testing, Covid Vaccinations or exemption, and drug screenings are part of the hiring process at Beatitudes Campus. Felony convictions should be disclosed, but will not necessarily bar a candidate from employment.
Job Status: Part Time,On Call