Statement of Purpose: The Nurse Manager is responsible for providing oversight of resident care and direct supervision to the med-techs and caregivers delivering care and services to the residents. The Nurse Manager is also responsible for the overall medication delivery system and the coordination of in-service training of the Assisted Living staff.
Major Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a working knowledge of federal and state rules and regulations.
- Keeps resident information confidential, respects resident’s rights, respects the privacy and the right to self-determination by the residents.
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet requirements of the job including the resident and staff needs.
- Maintains staffing to ensure appropriate coverage with call-offs and PTO requests.
- Abides by established policies and procedures of the facility. Looks for ways to improve facility function.
- Facilitates the overall coordination of care for residents
- Participates in the pre-move in assessment, review of move-in paperwork, and initial service plan
- Participates in routine review of resident service plans to identify needs for additional assessment, health monitoring, or other coordination of care needs.
- Responsible for TB renewals and injections for residents.
- Responds to resident or staff concerns in a timely and appropriate manner
- Participates in the service plan review process for residents who have experienced significant changes in their health care needs.
- Coordinates residents' health care in collaboration with outside health care agencies i.e. pharmacy, physician, home health, hospice etc.
- Notifies physician and/or designated agent(s) of resident status/change as appropriate
- Works closely with Administrator, resident, designated agent(s) meeting personal and related healthcare needs.
- Coordinates and/or supervises appropriate documentation for all changes of condition.
- Coordinates continuing training and education in accordance with state and facility policy
- May be required to conduct an offsite assessment after hours.
- Performs quarterly review of medication administration records
- Reads staff communications and maintains familiarity with resident needs
- Communicates changes in service plans to staff as the need occurs.
- Assures accurate transcription of physician orders are recorded accurately.
- Assists with move-in and orientation of new residents and their families.
- Identifies resident and staff training needs
- Hires, supervises, coaches, and terminates according to HR policies and procedures.
- Performs employee evaluations.
- Ability to relate to the public, residents, families, staff, and other professionals appropriately.
- Able to recognize and communicate problems effectively.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Demonstrates knowledge and utilization of basic management skills.
- Requires minimal supervision, is a self-starter, and is flexible.
- Organizes and utilizes time appropriately, sets priorities, and accomplishes assigned tasks.
- Displays mature behavior in attitude and speech and action and demonstrates consistently pleasant demeanor, tone of voice, supports the philosophy and approach used by the facility.
- Works cooperatively with supervisors and co-workers.
- Is accurate, dependable, neat, and thorough in assigned tasks.
- Is effective in both verbal and oral communication.
- Previous experience working with the elderly population as a nurse in the geriatric field and with patients that have trouble thinking.
- Unencumbered nursing license (LPN) issued by the state of Arizona. A successful candidate may start employment with a current/valid compact state/multistate LPN license, however, Arizona LPN license must in process at the time of hire.
- Current/valid Fingerprint Clearance Card, CPR, and 1st Aid certification
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook. Familiar with Kronos helpful.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements, which may be inherent in the position.
New grads encouraged to apply
Beatitudes Campus is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Please Be Advised: Background checks, reference checks, TB testing, and drug and alcohol screenings are part of the hiring process at Beatitudes Campus. Felony convictions should be disclosed, but will not necessarily bar a candidate from employment.
Job Status: Full Time