Medication Coordinator (Assisted Living)
This position provides critical support to the overall smooth operations in Assisted Living by coordinating on and off campus services for our residents, including ordering and receiving resident’s medications, physician’s orders for medications, various reports and other activities as assigned.
Major Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the new month MARs reflect changes that occurred during the prior month.
- Transcribe medication changes as they occur on MAR and recaps.
- Transcribe all physician written orders to appropriate communication forms, complete requisitions (notify as needed) for lab work, x-ray and/or diet orders.
- Complete weekly census received from pharmacy(s).
- Reorder medications and receive medications as needed, ensuring that all medications prescribed by a resident’s physician are on hand at all times.
- Complete weekly med cart audits on Wednesday for all meds to maintain appropriate stock
- Perform Resident Charting as needed
- Attend service plan meetings with interdisciplinary team and family to ensure implementation.
- Document med changes in nurses notes ie: antibiotics start/stop date, resolved, etc.
- Update computer records to document move-in, including tickler.
- Conduct audits on resident records or resident information as needed or requested.
- Update Pharmacy List as changes occur.
- Work with Med Techs to ensure appropriate medication levels on carts and to answer questions as needed.
- Update Diet Report as needed and e-mail to Registered Dietitian and Dining Services Supervisor.
- Answer telephone and transfer calls to appropriate staff as necessary, assist visitors with questions and refer to appropriate person(s) as necessary.
- Maintain supplies and forms needed for Labs and X-rays. Maintain Weekly/Monthly Coumadin Lab Draw List, write requisitions and call lab.
- Assist with resident transfer to the Emergency room or sending non-emergency as needed.
- Assist Director of Assisted Living and Nurse Manager as needed with daily operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Med Tech Certification Preferred
- 3 yrs. medication ordering/dispensing experience coordinator or equivalent preferred (at least 1 yr. as a medication coordinator required).
Pay: $14 to $15/hour
Depending on experience
Job Status: Full Time