Maintenance Warehouse Technician
Under the direction of the Purchasing Coordinator, performs all aspects of warehouse upkeep, receiving, and shipping.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receiving Materials from various sources and distribute them accordingly.
- Prepare materials for shipping and distribution.
- Assists with Maintenance & Preventative Maintenance work as required.
- Follows all established safety policies and procedures in the performance of work duties. Keeps work area(s) free of hazardous conditions. Models and reinforces accident prevention behaviors.
- Promptly reports all identified problems or service concerns beyond scope of job to manager. Reports all unsafe or potentially hazardous situations to supervisor immediately.
- Reports all accidents/incidents, no matter how minor, to supervisor immediately.
- Attends and participates in maintenance staff meetings, on-the-job training programs, and all mandatory in-service programs.
- Understands and respects residents’ rights to privacy and self-determination.
- Insures the safety and security of Beatitudes Campus residents and staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or GED.
- English speaking, reading, and writing skills sufficient to carry out job duties, perform necessary training, and communicate effectively with residents, families, and staff.
- Training sufficient to complete job duties and work orders, perform necessary training, and order and maintain necessary working supplies/equipment.
- A demonstrated knowledge and ability to perform work in one or more of the following areas: Warehouse upkeep and inventory control.
- Experience working in a similar type of facility is preferred but not mandatory.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions consistent with scope of job duties.
- Must demonstrate ability to work as a member of a team.
- Must be able to operate courteously, efficiently, and effectively in a fast-paced, multi-task environment.
- Must have current, clean, driver’s license
- Must be able to become OSHA fork truck certified.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds
- Works indoors and outdoors, often in adverse weather conditions.
- Frequent movement of heavy equipment and supplies, many in excess of 50 pounds.
- Frequent changes of position throughout the work day, ie: sitting, standing, bending, lifting, pushing & pulling.
- May be required to work in cramped spaces.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases/substances and hazardous working materials.
- May be subject to minor cuts, bruises, and burns from equipment, and to unpleasant odors.
- May be asked to work additional hours including holidays and weekends.
Required Protective Equipment: Eye Goggles, Ear Plugs, Safety Workshoes, Gloves
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilites, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Pay: $16 to $18/hour
Job Status: Full Time