Maintenance HVAC Technician
Statement of Purpose: Install, diagnose, and repair commercial building Heating, Venting, and Air Conditioning components. Review potential jobs for materials needed, safety, and cost evaluations. Provide training for other staff which shall include safety training. This position reports to the Assistant Director of Facilities and is non-exempt from overtime pay.
Major Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance HVAC Technician shall provide safety training pertaining to tool and materials usage as designated by Assistant Director.
- Works in a team setting with the Director of Facilities, managers and coordinators, to establish and maintain functional heating, venting, air conditioning and refrigeration, processes and systems, which ensure that the maintenance, security, comfort, and safety needs of the campus, the tenants, and the staff are met.
- Install, or oversee installation, of HVAC components to meet all local code requirements, safety, and comfort considerations for staff, campus and residents.
- Works with the Assistant Director of Facilities, managers and coordinators, to review HVAC work for level and quality of work performance, efficient use of resources, potential training needs, and any trends/patterns which may suggest customer service or larger system or facility concerns.
- Follow all established safety policies and procedures in the performance of work duties.
- Keep work area(s) free of hazardous conditions.
- Model and reinforce accident prevention behaviors.
- Address all unsafe or potentially hazardous situations and advise the Assistant Director of situation immediately.
- Report all accidents/incidents, no matter how minor, to the Assistant Director immediately.
- Promptly report all identified problems or service concerns beyond scope of job to the Assistant Director.
- Diagnose failures on HVAC equipment and components as designated through maintenance work order program and as deemed necessary by industry standards and Assistant Director.
- Order materials for jobs according to maintenance materials ordering procedures.
- Remove HVAC components deemed obsolete or in disrepair, prepare work area for new HVAC component installation, install HVAC components, test HVAC components.
- Clean all work areas as designated in Maintenance cleaning policy.
- Complete all mandatory in-service programs pertaining to HVAC installation and safety as designated by the Assistant Director.
- Understand and respect residents’ rights to privacy and self-determination.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or GED
- Excellent English speaking, reading, and writing skills
- Mathematical skills sufficient to complete job duties successfully
- Must be proficient in navigating NFPA articles 70 and 70E
- Installed and diagnosed commercial and residential HVAC components such as Duct, Piping, Contactors, Relays, Controllers, Compressors, Transformers, and Metering devices.
- Have worked with various types of service entrance equipment during installation and diagnostic procedures.
- Clean AZ Driver's License
- Own Hand tools
- Electro Mechanical Technology Degree or 2 2years experience
- Good customer service abilities
- Ability to learn mobile digital work order system
Have successfully used all standard hand tools that pertain to HVAC industry.
Pay: $19 to $22/hour
Job Status: Full Time