Maintenance First Responder
Beatitudes Campus is looking for a Full Time Maintenance First Responder for the 1st shift (7am-5:30pm)!
Beatitudes Campus was founded in 1965 as a place where older adults could live, learn, and grow through all the days of their lives. Our Founders dreamed of a "campus," borrowing the term from the educational community because of its sense of continual growth and vibrancy. Our Campus was one of the first to introduce the concept of continuing care and improve the quality of retirement living in North Central Phoenix.
Under the Assistant Director of Facilities perform general repairs as directed. Review, evaluate, and respond to the needs of residents, staff, and campus as pertains to maintenance. Provide training for other staff as designated by Assistant Director of Facilities which shall include safety training.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintenance Technician shall respond to all emergency calls as quickly as possible while remaining safe.
- Works in a team setting with the Director of Facilities, managers and coordinators, to ensure that the maintenance, security, comfort, and safety needs of the campus, the tenants, and the staff are met.
- Respond to work requests to the best of ability.
- Works with the Assistant Director of Facilities, managers and coordinators, to review level and quality of work performance, efficient use of resources, potential training needs, and any trends/patterns which may suggest customer service or larger system or facility concerns.
- Follow all established safety policies and procedures in the performance of work duties.
- Keep work area(s) free of hazardous conditions.
- Model and reinforce accident prevention behaviors.
- Address all unsafe or potentially hazardous situations and advise the Assistant Director of situation immediately.
- Report all accidents/incidents, no matter how minor, to the Assistant Director immediately.
- Promptly report all identified problems or service concerns beyond scope of job to the Assistant Director.
- Diagnose failures as designated through maintenance work order program and as deemed necessary by industry standards and Assistant Director.
- Order materials for jobs according to maintenance materials ordering procedures.
- Clean all work areas as designated in Maintenance cleaning policy.
- Complete all mandatory in-service programs pertaining to building construction installation and safety as designated by the Assistant Director.
- Understand and respect residents’ rights to privacy and self-determination.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or GED.
- Excellent English speaking, reading, and writing skills.
- Mathematical skills sufficient to complete job duties successfully.
- One year of building maintenance / or trade school training program
- Have successfully used all standard hand tools that pertain to the building maintenance industry.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Must be skilled in problem identification, analysis, and resolution strategies as pertains to the building maintenance industry
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions consistent with scope of job duties.
- Must be able to operate courteously, efficiently, and effectively in a fast-paced, multi-task environment.
- Must demonstrate behaviors consistent with Campus Mission, Values, and Standards of Conduct.
- Must be able to respond to twenty four hour emergency calls with the exception of special time periods as agreed upon by the technician and the Assistant Director.
- Works indoors and outdoors, often in adverse weather and temperature conditions including those created by mechanical means.
- Occasional movement of heavy equipment and supplies, many in excess of 50 pounds.
- Regular changes of position throughout the work day, IE: sitting, standing, bending, lifting, pushing, and pulling.
- May be required to work in cramped spaces.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases/substances and hazardous working materials.
- May be subject to minor cuts, bruises, and burns from equipment, and to unpleasant odors.
- May be required to work occasional overtime, including call-backs.
- Occasional holiday work is required.
- Weekend and night time work is required on occasion.
Beatitudes Campus is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Please Be Advised: Background checks, reference checks, TB testing, and drug and alcohol screenings are part of the hiring process at Beatitudes Campus. Felony convictions should be disclosed, but will not necessarily bar a candidate from employment.
Skills / Requirements
- Basic hand tool knowledge
- Basic maintenance knowledge
- superb customer service skills
- ability to rapidly ascend five flights of stairs
- ability to use digital notepad
- must be able to work Full Time including some weekends, holidays, and on-call shifts
Pay: $15 to $17/hour
Job Status: Full Time,On Call