LPN/RN (Per Diem Home Health/Home Care)
The licensed practical nurse is responsible for providing direct patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse. Responsibilities include following the plan of care, providing treatments, and working collaboratively with members of the team to help meet positive patient care outcomes.
- Provide direct patient care as defined in the state Nurse Practice Act
- Implement plan of care initiated by Home Health Registered Nurse
- Provide accurate and timely documentation consistent with the plan of care
- Assess and provide patient and family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and plan of care
- Participate in coordination of home health services, appropriately reporting the identified needs for other disciplines (HHA, OT, PT, MSW, ST, Dietician) to the Home Health Registered Nurse
- Use equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently
- Participate in personal and professional growth and development
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Home Health Registered Nurse/Clinical Supervisor
- Direct day-to-day functions in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the home health agency.
- Ensure that the Nursing Service Procedures Manual is followed in rendering nursing care
- Participate in survey (inspections) made by authorized government agencies
- Perform administrative duties such as completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc., as necessary
- Receive telephone orders from physicians (Registered Nurse reviews and co-signs)
- Perform routine charting duties as required
- Prepare and administer medications as ordered by the physician
- Ensure that an adequate supply of supplies, and equipment are on hand to meet the nursing needs of the home health clients.
- Make independent decisions concerning nursing care
Job Status: Part Time,On Call