LPN (Full/Part Time)
Beatitudes Campus was founded in 1965 as a place where older adults could live, learn, and grow through all the days of their lives. Our Founders dreamed of a "campus," borrowing the term from the educational community because of its sense of continual growth and vibrancy. Our Campus was one of the first to introduce the concept of continuing care and improve the quality of retirement living in North Central Phoenix.
The Beatitudes Campus is currently looking for Full and Part time LPNs (12 hour shifts).
This position provides direct nursing care to the residents, and to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by nursing assistants. Such supervision must be in accordance with current Federal, State and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be required by the Director of Nursing to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
- Direct day-to-day functions of the nursing assistants in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care facility
- Ensure that the Nursing Service Procedures Manual is followed in rendering nursing care
- Ensure that all nursing service personnel are following their respective job descriptions
- Participate in survey (inspections) made by authorized government agencies
- Perform administrative duties such as completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc., as necessary
- Periodically review the resident’s written discharge plan. Participate in the updating of the resident’s written discharge
- Admit, transfer and discharge residents as required
- Complete resident and employee accident/incident reports as necessary
- Receive telephone orders from physicians
- Transcribe physician’s orders to resident charts, treatment/care plans
- Perform routine charting duties as required
- Prepare and administer medications as ordered by the physician
- Ensure that an adequate supply of floor stock medications, supplies, and equipment are on hand to meet the nursing needs of the residents
- Notify the Nursing Supervisor or DON of all drug and narcotic discrepancies noted on your shift
- Make rounds with physician as necessary
- Make independent decisions concerning nursing care
- Participate in the orientation of new residents/family members to the facility
- Evaluate staffing needs for your shift
- Develop work assignments
- Participate in determining your shifts staffing requirements
- Recommend to the nursing supervisor the equipment and supply needs of your unit
- Participate on Interdisciplinary Care Plan Team, Wound Team, Admission Team, Restorative Nursing Team, etc.
- Assure that resident’s rights to fair and equitable treatment, self determination, individuality, privacy, property, and civil rights, including the right to file a complaint are upheld.
- Participates in and supports quality assurance/continuous quality improvement programs and processes.
- Serves on standing and ad hoc work teams/committees as required.
- Attends all mandatory inservices as directed.
- Consistently maintains complete confidentiality of all medical, financial, employee, computer or other sensitive material which may jeopardize the privacy of others.
- Demonstrates orientation towards excellent customer service in all interactions by conducting oneself in a cooperative, courteous, positive, and professional manner. Displays sensitivity and awareness of others. Follows through with established expectations and keeps customers informed of progress.
- Supports, maintains, and promotes Beatitudes’ Mission Statement.
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
Minimum Training and Experience
Minimum Education: Graduate of an approved LPN program.
Required Licensure/Certification: Current/valid Arizona LPN Nursing License
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilites, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Beatitudes Campus is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Please Be Advised: Background checks, reference checks, TB testing, and drug and alcohol screenings are part of the hiring process at Beatitudes Campus. Felony convictions should be disclosed, but will not necessarily bar a candidate from employment.
Pay: from $25.83/hour
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time,On Call