Statement of Purpose: Performs all levels of locksmith work as well as assigned security duties to ensure safety & security throughout the campus for all residents, visitors, and staff. This position reports to the Manager of Security and is non-exempt from overtime pay.
Major Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Maintains records and documentation concerning locks & systems on campus
- Create, install, adjusts, and services mechanical and electronic locks systems on campus
- Responsible for keys and key control on campus
- Ensures the safety and security of Beatitudes Campus residents and staff.
- First response to render first aid in the event of a resident emergency.
- Responds to security alerts and initiates control procedures as specified by the policy.
- Communicates need for additional emergency back-up as needed to assure the safety of the residents.
- Follows all established safety policies and procedures in the performance of work duties. Keeps work area(s) free of hazardous conditions. Models and reinforces accident prevention behaviors.
- Promptly reports all identified problems or service concerns beyond scope of the job to the supervisor. Reports all unsafe or potentially hazardous situations to supervisor immediately.
- Reports all accidents/incidents, no matter how minor, to supervisor immediately, and documents as required.
- Understands and respects residents’ rights to privacy and self-determination.
- Performs scheduled lock-up and un-lock procedures.
- Attends and participates in Security staff meetings, on-the-job training programs, and all mandatory in-service programs.
- In the absence of maintenance personnel, performs emergency maintenance response for plumbing, electrical, heating, cooling, mechanical, and carpentry. Isolates problem as necessary and notifies on-call maintenance person.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or GED.
- Valid CPR Certificate
- First Aid training completed.
- English speaking, reading, and writing skills are sufficient to carry out job duties, perform necessary training, and communicate effectively with residents, families, and staff.
- Two plus years of locksmith's hands-on experience
- Prefer One to three years of related security/first aid/maintenance experience, preferably in long-term care or health care facility.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements which may be inherent in the position.
Skills / Requirements
Must have 2 years experience in locksmith, know how to cut keys, program RFID FOB's, very organized. Have knowledge of electronic control devices. Clean driving record, clean background. Drug and alcohol testing.
Job Status: Full Time,On Call