Life Enrichment Assistant (EMS & Sierra Springs)
Under the direction of the Life Enrichment Specialist, the Life Enrichment Assistant is responsible for the the implementation of the Life Enrichement Programs on Sierra Springs & Early Memory Support assigned by the Life Enrichment Specialist. The programs shall be scheduled on a daily basis and shall make every effort to meet the comprehensive needs and interests of all residents in accordance with current State and federal regulations.
- Implement leisure activity programs to meet the variety of interests; the physical, cognitive, and psychosocial needs of all current residents.
- Act as a liason to family members, and loved ones in regards to the capabilites and expectations of an individual resident while providing comfort to everyone involved.
- Implement activity programs to allow residents to participate within their capabilities while adding richness to residents life.
- Inform the residents, support staff and the interdisciplinary team of the current schedule of planned activities throughout a 24 hour day.
- Work will consist of bending, stretching, some heavy lifting (up to 25lbs), walking, on your feet for long periods of time, and great communication skills.
- Participate and assist in the completion of the comprehensive interdisciplinary assessment and plan of care, and in on-going care plan review processes.
- Develop appropriate records which indicate the resident’s attendance and participation in the program with reference to resident response to the program. Write, file, and maintain all required documentation with timeliness and accuracy.
Orienting, training, and supervising of volunteers.
- Attend and actively participate in designated committee meetings and patient care conferences.
- Make sure available resouces are appropriate for all residents in the community.
- Supervise and protect residents within activity program.
- Assure that resident’s rights to fair and equitable treatment, self determination, individuality, privacy, property, and civil rights, including the right to file a complaint are upheld.
- Participates in and supports quality assurance/continuous quality improvement programs and processes.
- Attends all mandatory inservices as directed.
- Consistently maintains complete confidentiality of all medical, financial, employee, computer or other sensitive material which may jeopardize the privacy of others.
- Demonstrates orientation towards excellent customer service in all interactions by conducting oneself in a cooperative, courteous, positive, and professional manner. Displays sensitivity and awareness of others. Follows through with established expectations and keeps customers informed of progress.
- Supports, maintains, and promotes Beatitudes’ Mission Statement.
Beatitudes Campus is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Please Be Advised: Background checks, reference checks, TB testing, and drug and alcohol screenings are part of the hiring process at Beatitudes Campus. Felony convictions should be disclosed, but will not necessarily bar a candidate from employment.
Pay: from $15/hour
Job Status: Part Time