Beatitudes Campus was founded in 1965 as a place where older adults could live, learn, and grow through all the days of their lives. Our Founders dreamed of a "campus," borrowing the term from the educational community because of its sense of continual growth and vibrancy. Our Campus was one of the first to introduce the concept of continuing care and improve the quality of retirement living in North Central Phoenix.
Beatitudes Campus is looking for a Full-Time Laundry Technician!
This position is to perform the day-to day activities of the laundry department and that adequate laundry/linen supplies are readily available to meet the daily needs of our residents.
- Collect, sort, and weigh soiled laundry, linen, garments, and place in appropriate containers or assigned areas.
- Seperate items that require special stain removal/treatment.
- Removes and/or replaces worn or damaged articles as required.
- Press/iron garments as instructed.
- Fold, count, stack, hang and distribute clean laundry, linen.
- Clean work/supply carts, equipment, etc. as necessary/directed.
- Assure that assigned work areas are maintained in a clean, safe, sanitary and attractive manner.
- Assure that an adequate supply of laundry/linen supplies are maintained in laundry/linen closets to meet the daily needs of the residents.
- Keep walls and ceilings clean by washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, etc.
- Assure that equipment is cleaned and properly stored at the end of the shift.
- Assure that work assignment areas are clean and equipment is properly stored.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Knowledge of chemicals, processes, and equipment maintenance
- Able to work quickly and efficiently
- Must be able to tolerate outside work environment
- Assure that resident’s rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property, and civil rights, including the right to file a complaint are upheld.
- Participates in and supports quality assurance/continuous quality improvement programs and processes.
- Serves on standing and ad hoc work teams/committees as required.
- Attends all mandatory in-services as directed.
- Consistently maintains complete confidentiality of all medical, financial, employee, computer or other sensitive material which may jeopardize the privacy of others.
- Demonstrates orientation towards excellent customer service in all interactions by conducting oneself in a cooperative, courteous, positive, and professional manner. Displays sensitivity and awareness of others. Follows through with established expectations and keeps customers informed of progress.
- Supports, maintains, and promotes Beatitudes’ Mission Statement.
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
Skills / Requirements
Minimum Training and Experience:
MinimumEducation: High School Diploma or GED preferred, but not required
Minimum Experience: None
Required Licensure/Certification: None
Level of Supervision: None
Trains new employees
Management Experience Required: None
Hand and power tools Answer telephones
Washer Maintain logs
Knowledge and Abilities Required to Perform Essential Functions
- Safe operation of Laundry equipment
- Practices procedures, and activities of the Laundry Department
- General departmental operations, function, and procedures
- Policies, procedures, methods, and practices of the facility
- Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing/walking
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
- Occasionally lifts supplies/equipment
- Must be alert at all times
- Far acuity: ability to see clearly at 20 feet or more
- Near acuity: ability to see clearly at 20 inches or more
- Accommodation: ability to adjust vision to bring objects into focus
Judgment and Situational Reasoning Ability:
- Apply common sense understanding to perform highly repetitive tasks
- Ability to minimize waste of supplies,misuse of equipment, etc.
- Ability to determine time
Language Ability and Interpersonal Communication Skills:
- Follow oral and written instructions
- Follow verbal instructions
- Understand and be understood by fellow employees
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with residents and their families, visitors, coworkers, and supervisors verbally and in writing
- Comprehend policy and procedure book
- Ability to comprehend work orders
- May be exposed to infectious and/or contagious diseases
- Regularly exposed to the risk of bloodborne diseases
- Exposed to hazardous body fluids and wastes
- Exposed to infection from disease-bearing specimens
- Occasional exposure to unpleasant resident or unit elements
- Exposed to unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries, and illness)
- Occasionally subject to irregular hours
- Subject to long irregular hours
- Must present a professional appearance/manner as you represent the Beatitudes both on and off campus
- Subject to interruptions
- May be on-call in emergency situations
- Exposed to odorous chemicals and specimens
- Exposed to housekeeping/cleaning agents/chemicals
- Exposed to heat and cold
- Works inside and outside in adverse weather conditions
- Works primarily in well-lighted/ventilated work areas
- Frequent contact with water or other liquid
Required Protective Equipment:
Lab coat or apron
Non-sterile medical gloves
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilites, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Beatitudes Campus is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Please Be Advised: Background checks, reference checks, TB testing, and drug and alcohol screenings are part of the hiring process at Beatitudes Campus. Felony convictions should be disclosed, but will not necessarily bar a candidate from employment.
Pay: from $12/hour
Depends on experience
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time