Kitchen Supervisor (Full Time) - Senior Living Community
Seeking a Full-Time Kitchen Supervisor to work with a motivated team in an established residential senior living community. Great Benefits and 401K Match Available
This position is responsible for the assurance of effectively and efficiently providing nutritious meals to residents in a timely manner. Will ensure and maintain a safe and sanitary foodservice environment.
- Ensures that the quality, safety and sanitation procedures are being executed by all kitchen associates including lead positions
- Prepares food in accordance with sanitary regulations, as well as established policies and procedures
- Prepares food in accordance with standardized and specialized recipes or as directed by the Chef
- Reviews recipes and menus prior to preparation of food
- Assist with the ordering of supplies & stock as needed and directed by the Chef
- Prepares meals in accordance with planned menus
- Ensures foods for therapeutic diets are being properly prepared
- Enforce daily or scheduled cleaning duties, in accordance with established policies and procedures. Ensure that stations are being kept clean by the cooks.
- Confirm that all items needed to produce a menu are on the property at least two days in advance
- Assist with inventorying and storing in-coming food & supplies as necessary. All in-coming items being checked off and accounted for before the invoice is signed
- Maintain food storage areas in a clean and properly arranged manner at all times
- Process diet changes and new diets as received from nursing
- Prepare food for special meals & parties, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assure that resident’s rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property, and civil rights, including the right to file a complaint are upheld.
- Participates in and supports quality assurance/continuous quality improvement programs and processes.
- Attends all mandatory in-services as directed.
- Consistently maintains complete confidentiality of all medical, financial, employee, computer or other sensitive material which may jeopardize the privacy of others.
- Demonstrates orientation towards excellent customer service in all interactions by conducting oneself in a cooperative, courteous, positive, and professional manner. Displays sensitivity and awareness of others. Follows through with established expectations and keeps customers informed of progress.
- Supports, maintains, and promotes Beatitudes’ Mission Statement.
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
Skills / Requirements
- State and Federal rules, regulations, and laws as they pertain to the Food Service Department and to long term care in general
- Changes that occur and needs within the geriatric population
- Safe operation of Food Service Equipment
- Use of department-specific equipment (office equipment, telephone consoles, switchboards, etc.)
- Proper telephone answering procedures
- Terminology used within the department
- Practices, procedures, and activities of the Food Service Department
- General departmental operations, functions, and procedures
- Policies, procedures, methods, and practices of the facility
- Records, reports, etc. used in the daily performance of duties
- Methods and procedures involved in handling emergency situations
- Moderate physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 pounds)
- Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing/walking
- Unlimited (full) range of physical motion
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
- Lifts/pushes/pulls or moves/lifts heavy equipment/supplies
- Must be alert at all times
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Beatitudes Campus is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Please Be Advised: Background checks, reference checks, TB testing, and drug and alcohol screenings are part of the hiring process at Beatitudes Campus. Felony convictions should be disclosed, but will not necessarily bar a candidate from employment.
Job Status: Full Time,On Call