GROUNDSKEEPER (Full Time)
Beatitudes Campus was founded in 1965 as a place where older adults could live, learn, and grow through all the days of their lives. Our Founders dreamed of a "campus," borrowing the term from the educational community because of its sense of continual growth and vibrancy. Our Campus was one of the first to introduce the concept of continuing care and improve the quality of retirement living in North Central Phoenix.
The Beatitudes Campus in Phoenix is looking for a Full Time (M-F, 7AM-3:30PM) Groundskeeper!
Under the direction of the Environmental Service Director, performs all levels of grounds keeping/landscaping/gardening service on Campus.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
mowing, trimming, seeding, irrigation repair/maintenance, watering, fertilizing, weeding, grooming trees/shrubbery, replacement and planting of annual and perennial plants, landscape maintenance and use planning (including water features), vendor/supplier relationships and product ordering, annual rye grass, keeping grounds free from litter and fallen fruit, tree limbs, pool maintenance, landscape planning and design, etc.
- Assure that resident’s rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property, and civil rights, including the right to file a complaint are upheld.
- Participates in and supports quality assurance/continuous quality improvement programs and processes.
- Serves on standing and ad hoc work teams/committees as required.
- Attends all mandatory in-services as directed.
- Consistently maintains complete confidentiality of all medical, financial, employee, computer or other sensitive material which may jeopardize the privacy of others.
- Demonstrates orientation towards excellent customer service in all interactions by conducting oneself in a cooperative, courteous, positive, and professional manner. Displays sensitivity and awareness of others. Follows through with established expectations and keeps customers informed of progress.
- Supports, maintains, and promotes Beatitudes’ Mission Statement.
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
Minimum Training and Experience:
Minimum Education: High school graduate or GED
Minimum Experience: 3-5 years
- Pesticide and Weed License or ability to obtain one within 90 days
- AZ Driver’s license
Level of Supervision: None
Management Experience: Preferred but not necessary
- Basic lawn equipment and hand tools
- Tree trimming equipment
- Trenchers, edgers, weed eaters
- Certified in weed control/fertilization products
- Plan review & approve all expenditures
Knowledge and Abilities Required to Perform Essential Functions:
- Arizona Horticulture (plants, grass, trees)
- Landscape & pool maintenance
- Outside temperatures and conditions
- Handling refuse
- Safety eye protection to be used as needed
- 20/20/ vision
Judgment and Situational Reasoning Ability:
- Safety of residents, employees and visitors
- Plan work as not to conflict with outside events
- Expenditure (review of vendor invoices)
- Coding invoices for payment
- Calculate rates for staff as needed
Language Ability and Interpersonal Communication Skills:
- English speaking to communicate with residents, employees and visitors
- Read and write English to complete job functions
- Outside temperatures & weather conditions
- Noise abatement for residents
- Must be able to work in heat and rain
Required Protective Equipment: Protective eyewear, gloves, knee pads, rugged footwear, and hat as needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Beatitudes Campus is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Please Be Advised: Background checks, reference checks, TB testing, and drug and alcohol screenings are part of the hiring process at Beatitudes Campus. Felony convictions should be disclosed, but will not necessarily bar a candidate from employment.
Job Status: Full Time