Gift Shop Supervisor
Beatitudes Campus is a not-for-profit life plan community founded by the Church of the Beatitudes, a United Church of Christ congregation, and the 2019 Holleran Choice community award winner for resident engagement. When you join our community, you gain a family that welcomes all, in all of their diversity.
This position is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Beatitudes Campus Gift Shop which serves the Campus residents, their families and staff. This position is a pre-requisite to the Gift Shop Manager position including training and mentoring towards that goal. This position reports to the Sr. Vice President of Resident Services and is non-exempt hourly from overtime pay.
Major Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Gift Shop.
- Open store and POS register, restock merchandise & clean/straighten as needed.
- Close store and POS register, cleaning as needed.
- Permission to develop and suggest ideas regarding the future of retail on the Campus.
- Work with Director to learn and grow within the retail business.
- Coordinate merchandise receipt, verify and price as needed.
- Assist with annual inventory.
- Check invoices and forward to Director for payment processing.
- Recruit, train and schedule daily volunteers.
- Engage volunteers to share ideas, restock merchandise and attend special events as appropriate.
- Develop volunteer appreciation opportunities.
- Attend trade shows as needed.
- Work closely with the Director providing clear communication of store or volunteer needs.
- Prepare and deliver monthly/scheduled reports to the Director of Business Analytics.
- Learn about rotating inventory and the need to keep merchandise fresh and relevant.
- Coordinate scheduled in-kind donations with Beatitudes Auxiliary Backstreet Boutique manager.
- Implement and assure compliance with Board approved service-related policies; review and update annually or as necessary.
- Work with other Campus Departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- HS Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Three years experience in Retirement, Housing or Assisted Living,
- One year demonstrated supervisory experience in a senior living setting and/or retail management.
- Minimum two years experience with Matrixcare POS system and menu item development.
Job Status: Full Time