Floor Care Technician (FT)
This position is responsible for the maintenance of the floors and carpets in the Campus buildings and garden apartments. 1-9:30PM.
- Buffs and waxes Care Center, Lodge and Apartment floors
- Shampoos and vacuums carpets
- Maintains and repairs hard flooring
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- A proven knowledge of soft & hard floor care processes and techniques
- Assure that resident’s rights to fair and equitable treatment, self determination, individuality, privacy, property, and civil rights, including the right to file a complaint are upheld.
- Participates in and supports quality assurance/continuous quality improvement programs and processes.
- Serves on standing and ad hoc work teams/committees as required.
- Attends all mandatory in-services as directed.
- Consistently maintains complete confidentiality of all medical, financial, employee, computer or other sensitive material which may jeopardize the privacy of others.
- Demonstrates orientation towards excellent customer service in all interactions by conducting oneself in a cooperative, courteous, positive, and professional manner. Displays sensitivity and awareness of others. Follows through with established expectations and keeps customers informed of progress.
- Supports, maintains, and promotes Beatitudes Mission Statement.
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
Minimum Training and Experience: None
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred but not required
Minimum Experience: None
Required Licensure/Certification: None
Level of Supervision: None.
Management Experience Required: None
Vacuum Maintain logs
Knowledge and Abilities Required to Perform Essential Functions:
General knowledge of:
- Safe operation of department specific equipment
- Practices, procedures, and activities of the housekeeping department
- General departmental operations, functions, and procedures
- Policies, procedures, methods, and practices of the facility
- Supervisory experience in hard and soft floor care
- Knowledge of chemicals, processes, and equipment maintenance a must
- ability to be flexible and innovative with good communication skills
- Light physical work (lift/carry up to 50 pounds)
- Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing/walking
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
- Occasionally lifts supplies/equipment
- Must be alert at all times
- Far acuity: ability to see clearly at 20 feet or more
- Near acuity: ability to see clearly at 20 inches or more
- Accommodation: ability to adjust vision to bring objects into focus
Judgment and Situational Reasoning Ability:
- Apply common sense understanding to perform highly repetitive tasks
- Minimize waste of supplies, misuse of equipment, etc.
- Ability to determine time
Language Ability and Interpersonal Communication Skills:
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Understand and be understood by fellow employees
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with residents and their families, visitors, coworkers, and supervisors
- Ability to comprehend policy and procedure book and work orders
- May be exposed to infectious and/or contagious diseases
- Exposed to hazardous body fluids and wastes
- Exposed to infection from disease-bearing specimens
- Occasional exposure to unpleasant resident or unit elements
- Exposed to unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries, and illness)
- Occasionally subject to irregular hours
- Subject to long irregular hours
- Must be professional appearance/manner as you represent the Beatitudes both on and off campus
- Subject to interruptions
- May be on-call in emergency situations
- Exposed to odorous chemicals and specimens
- Exposed to housekeeping/cleaning agents/chemicals
- Exposed to heat and cold
- Works inside and outside in adverse weather conditions
- Works primarily in well-lighted/ventilated work areas
- Frequent contact with water or other liquid
Required Protective Equipment:
Non-sterile medical gloves
Beatitudes Campus is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Beatitudes Campus is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Please Be Advised: Background checks, reference checks, TB testing, and drug and alcohol screenings are part of the hiring process at Beatitudes Campus. Felony convictions should be disclosed, but will not necessarily bar a candidate from employment
Pay: from $12/hour
Pay depends on experience/ Competetive Pay
Job Status: Full Time