Drivers for Senior Living (CDL Campus Bus)
Beatitudes Campus is the 2019 Holleran Choice community award winner for resident engagement and we are seeking a full-time CDL Driver with passenger endorsement to join our compassionate, caring, and friendly team. Schedule will be Sunday thru Thursday 7 AM-3:30 PM with varying times (depending on scheduling and events). We offer a competitive wage starting at $17.00/hour with paid vacations, holidays, PTO, 403-b, wellness program, amongst many others.
Statement of Purpose: Drive Campus vehicles in order to transport Campus residents to/from scheduled appointments and activities. This position reports to the Transportation Manager and is non-exempt eligible for overtime pay.
Major Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Pick up and transport residents to and from medical appointments, shopping trips, scheduled activities, and events.
- Assist residents in and out of vehicles. If assistance is required, notify the supervisor immediately.
- Maintain a count of all residents transported on either medical or event trips.
- Observe residents and environments for any safety concerns or health/wellness concerns.
- Be respectful and courteous to all residents, staff, and guests.
- Present yourself in a professional manner at all times and follow campus dress codes.
- Complete daily pre and post-trip inspections; report any repairs that need immediate attention.
- Operate equipment in a safe, professional, and defensive manner at all times.
- Report any accidents or incidents to the supervisor immediately.
- Maintain the cleanliness of equipment at all times.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1-3 years of driving experience.
- Current Class A or B commercial driver’s license with passenger endorsement.
- Must maintain a clean motor vehicle record for the past 39 months and current medical card.
- Must have quality knowledge of city streets, highways, and addresses.
- Prefer experience with ADA and handicap equipped vehicles and larger vehicles
- Great customer service and teamwork skills are highly desired.
- Must be able to push/lift heavy objects, i.e. wheelchairs, scooters, and power chairs.
- Must be able to climb, squat, and bend over frequently throughout the day.
- Must be able to safely secure residents and equipment.
- Must be able to work in extreme heat conditions.
We look forward to having you join our transportation team here at Beatitudes Campus.
Our Promise: Beatitudes Campus is a not-for-profit life plan community founded by the Church of the Beatitudes, a United Church of Christ congregation. Our heritage of Christian hospitality calls us to welcome all people. This includes outreach to Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, and other faiths, as well as those with no connection to a faith community. We value the diversity of all – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation. Our core values of compassion, respect, accountability, and excellence drive every aspect of our community and are what have made Beatitudes Campus a strong and respected leader in senior living since 1965.
Pay: from $18.50/hour
Opportunity for Growth, Full Benefits Available, and 403B with Employer Match
Job Status: Full Time