Driver (Full Time Position)
Beatitudes Campus was founded in 1965 as a place where older adults could live, learn, and grow through all the days of their lives. Our Founders dreamed of a "campus," borrowing the term from the educational community because of its sense of continual growth and vibrancy. Our Campus was one of the first to introduce the concept of continuing care and improve the quality of retirement living in North Central Phoenix.
Drive Campus vehicles in order to transport Campus residents to/from scheduled appointments and activities.
- Picks up and transports residents to medical appointments, shopping trips, and scheduled recreational outings.
- Assists residents in and out of vehicle and escorts into destination as required.
- Maintains a count of all residents on a trip and assures that all residents arereturned to the Campus.
- Observes residents for health or safety problems which could occur. Summons help when appropriate.
- Provide effective and courteous service to all residents, guests, and co-workers.
- Complete vehicle safety inspection prior to each trip.
- Immediately report vehicle safety and performance issues and get authorization from Transportation Director to have vehicle repaired.
- Drive in a safe, lawful, defensive manner at all times.
- Leave the vehicle in a clean condition after each trip.
- Requires flexibility of schedule.
- Assure that resident’s rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property, and civil rights, including the right to file a complaint are upheld.
- Participates in and supports quality assurance/continuous quality improvement programs and processes.
- Serves on standing and ad hoc work teams/committees as required.
- Attends all mandatory in-services as directed.
- Consistently maintains complete confidentiality of all medical, financial, employee, computer or other sensitive material which may jeopardize the privacy of others.
- Demonstrates orientation towards excellent customer service in all interactions by conducting oneself in a cooperative, courteous, positive, and professional manner. Displays sensitivity and awareness of others. Follows through with established expectations and keeps customers informed of progress.
- Supports, maintains, and promotes Beatitudes’ Mission Statement.
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED
Minimum Experience: 1-3 years
Required Licensure/Certification: Arizona Commercial Drivers License with passenger endorsement. Have and maintain a good driving record. possess a DOT medical card, CPR (BCLS) strongly recommended.
Availability: Primary/Main Shift: Full time position working Sunday - Thursday (7:00am - 3:30pm) with some variable hours.
Level of Supervision: No supervisory responsibility.
- Basic automotive troubleshooting procedures
- Rules and regulations involved in the operation of a vehicle and associated equipment
- Policies, procedures, methods, and practices of the facility
- Be able to complete and pass annual physical examination
- Ability to clearly hear vehicle sounds, traffic sound, emergency vehicle sirens, and resident voices
- Heavy physical effort (lift/carry up to 50 pounds)
- Occasional need to lift and/or carry weight of resident in positioning and transporting, range 50 to 150 pounds.
- Lifts, positions, pushes, and/or transfers residents
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
- Occasionally lifts parcels or supplies
- Must be alert at all times
- Eyesight at or correctable to meet requirement for driver’s license
Judgment and Situational Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to safely operate a variety of vehicles (passenger cars, mini-bus, vans, and wheelchair lift vans) in a variety of road, traffic, and weather conditions
Language Ability and Interpersonal Communication Skills:
- Sensitive to the needs, interests, and abilities of the residents
- Ability to communicate (verbally) effectively with residents and their families, visitors, co-workers and supervisors in English
- Ability to follow verbal instructions
- Must present a professional appearance/manner as you represent the Beatitudes both on and off Campus
- May be exposed to infectious and/or contagious diseases
- Subject to injury form moving parts of equipment
- Subject to irregular hours
- Works inside and outside in adverse weather conditions
Required Protective Equipment: None.
Pay: $14 to $14.50/hour
Depends on Experience
Job Status: Full Time