Director of Nursing
Beatitudes Campus was founded in 1965 as a place where older adults could live, learn, and grow through all the days of their lives. Our Founders dreamed of a "campus," borrowing the term from the educational community because of its sense of continual growth and vibrancy. Our Campus was one of the first to introduce the concept of continuing care and improve the quality of retirement living in North Central Phoenix.
Statement of Purpose: This position ensures 24-hour provision of nursing services in accordance with Federal, State and facilty requirements and that the individual nursing services needs of each resident are met. This position is also responsible for monitoring nursing actions in compliance with Federal & State regulations. This position reports to the Health Care Center Administrator and is exempt from overtime pay.
Major Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Ensures standards of nursing services within the Nurse Practice Act and Geriatric Nursing Standards
- Ensures that only those residents for which services can be provided are admitted to the facility
- Ensures exchange of essential information necessary for the provision of quality resident services
- Operates nursing department within budget
- Attends and participates in meetings and in-services as required
- Ensures that all documentation necessary for quality resident care is maintained according to Federal & State regulations and facility policy
- Achieve annual survey results to meet compliance
- Achieve no survey resulting in punitive action/decertification
- Participates in facility and department planning process
- Provides training
- Establishes departments work goals and coordinates delivery of care through supervision
- Monitors nursing staff performance
- Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with nursing staff
- Follows required coaching and corrective action procedures
- Ensures that all consumer/resident rights are protected
- Presents professional image to consumers through dress, behavior and speech
- Adheres to facility standards for resolving resident/family concerns
- Ensures that all resident rights are protected
- Conducts QAPI functions
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of approved RN program; Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from accredited college or university preferred
- Five years in geriatric and/or post acute care nursing with at least 3 years in supervisory/management nursing role and at least 1 year experience in memory care
- Current RN licensure in good standing in the State of Arizona
- CPR Certification required
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered as detailed description of all the work requirements which may be inherent in the position.
Beatitudes Campus is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Please Be Advised: Background checks, reference checks, TB testing, and drug and alcohol screenings are part of the hiring process at Beatitudes Campus. Felony convictions should be disclosed, but will not necessarily bar a candidate from employment.
Job Status: Full Time