Dining Care Center Supervisor
Beatitudes Campus was founded in 1965 as a place where older adults could live, learn, and grow through all the days of their lives. Our Founders dreamed of a "campus," borrowing the term from the educational community because of its sense of continual growth and vibrancy. Our Campus was one of the first to introduce the concept of continuing care and improve the quality of retirement living in North Central Phoenix.
- Conducts frequent and unscheduled sanitation and safety inspections of all food service activity in the Care Center Dining Rooms
- Assists the Nutrition Care Manager in training and educating Diet Aids
- Teaches the Beatitudes Campus Neighborhood Concept to Diet Aids and other departments
- Monitors mealtimes in the Care Center Dining Rooms to assure meals start on time, diets are followed correctly, and food temperatures are correct according to HACCP policy.
- Responsible for the scheduling Care Center Diet Aides
- Obtains food preferences on all new admissions within the 72 hour time frame
- Assists with training of new and existing diet aides
- Assures resident nourishments are labeled and delivered at correct times
- Monitors stock level of nourishments and orders when necessary
- Reads and interprets all diet orders and requests diet clarifications if necessary
- Assists with other department supervisory needs
- Reviews time-clock reports and completes payroll-related reports
- Completes all Diet Aid evaluations
- Assure that resident’s rights to fair and equitable treatment, self determination, individuality, privacy, property, and civil rights, including the right to file a complaint are upheld.
- Participates in and supports quality assurance/continuous quality improvement programs and processes Serves on standing and ad hoc work teams/committees as required.
- Serves on standing and ad hoc work teams/committees as required.
- Attends all mandatory in-services as directed.
- Consistently maintains complete confidentiality of all medical, financial, employee, computer or other sensitive material which may jeopardize the privacy of others.
- Demonstrates orientation towards excellent customer service in all interactions by conducting oneself in a cooperative, courteous, positive, and professional manner. Displays sensitivity and awareness of others. Follows through with established expectations and keeps customers informed of progress.
- Supports, maintains, and promotes Beatitudes’ Mission Statement.
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
Minimum Education: High School Graduate or GED
Minimum Experience: Three year experience in food service, preferably in a long term care facility
Required Licensure/Certification: Current valid Food Handler Card
Level of Supervision: Trains new employees. Leads one or more employees performing similar work. Allocates and monitors the work of others. Supervises employees who do not supervise others. Leads employees performing similar work on a project basis.
Management Experience Required: A minimum of three year supervisory experience in food service, preferably in a long term care facility
Job Status: Full Time