Desktop Support Technician
This position reports to the I.T. Director and is accountable for supporting the campus desktop computing environment, electronics, training and support operation procedures. The technician works within a team environment and is accountable for ensuring continuity of desktop services by providing the technical expertise and assistance necessary to resolve technical problems. This is a non-exempt position.
Scope of Responsibilities
Under general supervision, independently perform and track departmental and residential tasks initiated by work order requests via the campus work order system. Assure continuity of all computer systems as requested and as assigned by preventative maintenance tasks, patch management and other.
Computer and Peripheral Support
- Install, configure, maintain, troubleshoot, repair, and perform testing activities on a wide range of software in use on campus and residential computer systems and peripheral systems as it pertains to a Microsoft Windows environment or other; Investigate error messages and determine resolution; Call vendor or access on-line technical support to obtain updates and or suggestions; Prepare and submit vendor RMA’s on equipment still under warranty for replacement.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, and perform testing activities on analog end user telephony equipment, service features and voicemail; Provide support and training to new users and solve miscellaneous phone problems.
Home Electronics and A/V Support
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, and perform testing activities on TV’s, VCR’s, DVD Players, and accessories.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
- Regular and satisfactory attendance and punctuality;
- Be well organized and pay close attention to detail;
- Ability to work without supervision efficiently and effectively;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
Training and Experience: Position requires special technical knowledge of home electronics to include computer, peripherals, telecommunications and audio visual. Must understand installation, configuration and troubleshooting processes for software, hardware, networking accessory and telephony equipment. Requires sufficient analytical skills to assess problems or unusual situations and develop solutions. Prefer a working understanding of the department operations, goals and objectives relating to Beatitudes Campus I.T. Department. Prefer knowledge of how to assemble and disassemble personal computer components, including cabling.
Abilities: Requires the ability to independently perform all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively. Must be able to install, configure, troubleshoot and maintain residential electronics. Must have strong communication and training skills and be able to communicate technical information to non-technical users.
Physical Skills and Abilities
Depending on the assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10 - 50 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information.
Working Conditions: Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to electronics work. May periodically travel to satellite site.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Beatitudes Campus is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Please Be Advised: Background checks, reference checks, TB testing, and drug and alcohol screenings are part of the hiring process at Beatitudes Campus. Felony convictions should be disclosed, but will not necessarily bar a candidate from employment.
Pay: $20 to $23/hour
Job Status: Full Time