Certified Nursing Assistant (Full/Part Time)
Beatitudes Campus was founded in 1965 as a place where older adults could live, learn and grow through all the days of their lives. Our Founders dreamed of a "campus," borrowing the term from the educational community because of its sense of continual growth and vibrancy. Our Campus was one of the first to introduce the concept of continuing care and improve the quality of retirement living in North Central Phoenix.
The Beatitudes Campus in Phoenix is looking for a Full Time and Part Time CNA.
**Starting BONUS Available**
CNA PAY RATE:
New Grad to 1 year experience- $14.25 per hour
2 years to 5 years experience- $15.00 per hour
6 years + of experience- $16.00 per hour
The primary purpose of your job is to provide your assigned residents with routine daily nursing care in accordance with our established nursing care procedures and as may be directed by your supervisor.
- Assist residents with ADL’s (Activities of Daily Living) i.e., dressing/undressing, dental care, bath functions, shaving, bowel and bladder functions, hair and nail care, daily perineal care, prepare and give enemas
- Change dressings, bandages, binders, etc. as instructed
- Prepare residents for meals—take to and from dining room
- Serve food trays. Assist with feedings as indicated
- Serve between meal and bedtime snacks
- Make beds (occupied and unoccupied)
- Change bed linens
- Assist with lifting/turning, moving, positioning and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc. using gait belts as instructed and mechanical lifts as instructed
- Maintain intake and output records as instructed
- Collect specimens as instructed (urine, sputum, stools, etc.)
- Assist in transporting residents for activity and social programs (church services, parties, visitors, etc.)
- Record all entries on flow sheets, notes, charts, etc., in an informative and descriptive manner.
- Use the wristband or photo card file to identify residents before administering treatments, serving meals, etc., as necessary.
- Report all accidents and incidents that you observe immediately to the Nurse on the shift that they occur.
- Use only authorized abbreviations established by this facility when recording information.
- Report all changes in the resident’s condition to the Nurse as soon as practical.
- Attend and participate in scheduled training and educational classes
- Assure that resident’s rights to fair and equitable treatment, self determination, individuality, privacy, property, and civil rights, including the right to file a complaint are upheld.
- Participates in and supports quality assurance/continuous quality improvement programs and processes.
- Serves on standing and ad hoc work teams/committees as required.
- Attends all mandatory in-services as directed.
- Consistently maintains complete confidentiality of all medical, financial, employee, computer or other sensitive material which may jeopardize the privacy of others.
- Demonstrates orientation towards excellent customer service in all interactions by conducting oneself in a cooperative, courteous, positive, and professional manner. Displays sensitivity and awareness of others. Follows through with established expectations and keeps customers informed of progress.
- Supports, maintains, and promotes Beatitudes’ Mission Statement.
- Works three 12 hour shifts.
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
Minimum Education: Must have completed the CNA training program.
Minimum Age: Must be at least 16 years of age per LTC regs.
Required Licensure/Certification: Successful graduation from an accredited CNA training program. Certification from AZ State Board of Nursing within four months of graduating from class.
Machine: Mechanical lift, BP & CPM machines, aqua K pads, electric/manual beds, call lights, emergency lights, wheelchair, electric thermometer, electrical tub, coffee pot, scales, microwave
- State and Federal rules, regulations, and laws as they pertain to the Nursing Department and to long term care in general
- Changes that occur and needs within the geriatric population
- Safe operation of nursing department equipment
- Terminology used within the department
- Medical terminology
- Practices, procedures, and activities of the nursing department
- Policies, procedures, methods and practices of the facility
- Records, graphs, reports, etc. used in the daily performance of duties
- Methods and procedures involved in handling emergency situations
- Principles and practices of nursing care
- Heavy physical effort (lift/carry up to 50 pounds)
- Prolonged extensive, or considerable standing/walking
- Ability to clearly hear vehicle sounds, traffic sounds, emergency vehicle sirens and resident voices
- Unlimited (full) range of physical motion
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
- Lifts, positions, pushes and/or transfers patients
- Assists with lifting and moving patients
- Occasionally lifts supplies/equipment
- Must be alert at all times
- Eyesight at, or correctable to, meet requirement for a drivers license. Must possess sight and hearing sense, or use prosthetics, that will enable these senses to function adequately, so that the requirements of this position can be fully met
Judgement and Situational Reasoning Ability:
- Contact with residents under a wide variety of circumstances
- Directs potential and actual problems to the charge nurse/nurse supervisor using the chain of command
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
- Ability to perceive and discriminate between various colors, sounds and odors in order to care effectively for the residents
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to perform highly repetitive tasks
- Ability to minimize waste of supplies, misuses of equipment, etc.
- Addition, subtraction, multiplication, percentages, weight measuring, BP reading, TPR, time, reading temperature of water, oxygen/flowmeter reading, intake/output computation
Language Ability and Interpersonal Communication Skills:
- Sensitive to the needs, interests, and abilities of the residents
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to effectively and accurately document to meet the various requirements of regulatory agencies
- Ability to follow verbal instructions
- Ability to understand and be understood by fellow employees
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with residents and their families, visitors, coworkers, and supervisors (verbally and in writing)
- May be exposed to infectious and/or contagious diseases
- Must present a professional appearance/manner as you represent the Beatitudes both on and off campus
- Works primarily in well-lighted/ventilated work areas
Required Protective Equipment: Gown, non-sterile medical gloves, gait belt, mask, goggles or protective eye wear, sharp’s container
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Skills / Requirements
Fingerprint clearance card
Valid AZ Driver's License
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time,On Call