Responsible for the planning, organizing, and executing all on and off Campus functions that involve the food and beverage service and/or the use of food service staff.
- Maintaining event booking schedules; special orders for caterings (items not being ordered through our traditional vendors, ie: Sysco and Shamrock); and keeping, tracking, and distributing resident and administrative invoicing.
- Handles all calls and inquiries regarding all catering events including menu options and pricing structures.
- Acts as a liaison for the Dining Services Department to residents and staff.
- Responsible for creating appropriate table presentations, including room arrangements, and ordering of special linen if necessary.
- Responsible for maintenance and proper storage of all catering equipment, supplies, props, and decorations.
- Assist with training and staff development.
- Analyzes information to monitor some cost control levels.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under high stress situations required.
- Good organizational skills with attention for detail a must.
- Must have ability to create proper ambiance with limited tools.
- Assure that resident’s rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights; including the right to file a complaint is upheld.
- Attends all mandatory in-services as directed.
- Consistently maintains complete confidentiality of all medical, financial, employee, computer or other sensitive material which may jeopardize the privacy of others.
- Demonstrates orientation towards excellent customer service in all interactions by conducting oneself in a cooperative, courteous, positive, and professional manner.
- Displays sensitivity and awareness of others. Follows through with established expectations and keeps customers informed of progress.
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
- The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence of policies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Minimum Education:High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Minimum Experience: 1 year experience with banquet service setting preferred
Required Licensure/Certification: Food Handlers Card required
Machine: Calculator, Fax, Photocopier, Personal computer, Adding Machine,
Administrative: Maintain Logs, Input data into computer, Maintain filing systems, Document preparation, Answers telephones, Proof read documents, Research information, Compose letters/memos, Establish filing systems, Reconcile accounts, Balance figures
- Safe operation and use of department specific equipment (office equipment, telephone, computers, etc.)
- Proper telephone answering procedures.
- Specific computer software used in department.
- Terminology used within the department.
- General departmental operations, functions, and procedures.
- Policies, procedures, methods, and practices of the facility.
- Methods and procedures involved in handling emergency situations.
Exchange information with residents, supervisors, existing employees, vendors, etc; lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, and moving light to heavy objects, furniture, tools, and equipment; climbing stairs and ramps; walking, standing, or sitting for extended periods of time; dexterity of hands, fingers, and hand/eye coordination to operate equipment and tools; kneeling, bending at the waist, and reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally to retrieve and store supplies, etc; lifting light to heavy objects. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Minimum lifting of 25 lbs is required.
- Accommodation: ability to adjust vision to bring objects into focus
Judgment and Situational Reasoning Ability:
- Handles emergency or crisis situations
- Ability to use independent judgment in routine situations
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in an effective manner
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Language Ability and Interpersonal Communication Skills:
- Excellent human relation skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to follow written instructions
- Ability to create concise, meaningful written reports
- Ability to understand and be understood by fellow employees
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with residents and their families, visitors, coworkers, and supervisors (verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prepare letters of correspondence, memos, transmittals, work orders, and other reports on an as needed basis.
- Ability to comprehend and correctly use a variety of informational documents including, but not limited to , guest checks, cash receipts, vendor bills and various supply forms.
- Subject to many interruptions
- Indoor and outdoor environment
- moderate to high level of physical activity daily
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Status: Full Time