Beatitudes Campus was founded in 1965 as a place where older adults could live, learn, and grow through all the days of their lives. Our Founders dreamed of a "campus," borrowing the term from the educational community because of its sense of continual growth and vibrancy. Our Campus was one of the first to introduce the concept of continuing care and improve the quality of retirement living in North Central Phoenix.
The Beatitudes Campus in Phoenix is looking for a Full Time Carpenter.
Statement of Purpose: Performs all aspects of planning and construction for apartment turns and construction projects on Campus. This position reports to the Projects Manager and is non-exempt from overtime pay.
Major Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Planning of project, including: scope of work, materials list, ordering materials, scheduling, close out & resident interaction.
- Performs the hands on work necessary to complete project including, but not limited to, demo, drywall, paint, carpentry, basic plumbing, electrical, heating, cooling, mechanical, and maintains maintenance records as required.
- Assists with Maintenance & Preventative Maintenance work as required, ie; campus filter changes, Christmas decoration distribution, emergencies, etc.
- Follows all established safety policies and procedures in the performance of work duties. Keeps work area(s) free of hazardous conditions. Models and reinforces accident prevention behaviors.
- Promptly reports all identified problems or service concerns beyond scope of job to manager. Reports all unsafe or potentially hazardous situations to supervisor immediately.
- Reports all accidents/incidents, no matter how minor, to supervisor immediately.
- Attends and participates in maintenance staff meetings, on-the-job training programs, and all mandatory in-service programs.
- Understands and respects residents’ rights to privacy and self-determination.
- Insures the safety and security of Beatitudes Campus residents and staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or GED.
- English speaking, reading, and writing skills sufficient to carry out job duties, perform necessary training, and communicate effectively with residents, families, and staff.
- Training sufficient to complete job duties and work orders, perform necessary training, and order and maintain necessary working supplies/equipment.
- A demonstrated knowledge and ability to perform work in one or more of the following areas: demo, drywall, paint, carpentry, basic plumbing, electrical, heating, cooling, mechanical or other trades.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered as detailed description of all the work requirements which may be inherent in the position.
Beatitudes Campus is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Please Be Advised: Background checks, reference checks, TB testing, and drug and alcohol screenings are part of the hiring process at Beatitudes Campus. Felony convictions should be disclosed, but will not necessarily bar a candidate from employment.
Job Status: Full Time