At Home Caregiver (All Hours Available)
Beatitudes Campus was founded in 1965 as a place where older adults could live, learn, and grow through all the days of their lives. Our Founders dreamed of a "campus," borrowing the term from the educational community because of its sense of continual growth and vibrancy. Our Campus was one of the first to introduce the concept of continuing care and improve the quality of retirement living in North Central Phoenix.
We are currently looking for a Home Companion/Caregiver to join our team!
Statement of Purpose: The At Home Caregiver (Non-Certified Caregiver) provides non-medical, in-home support services for comfort, safety, and general supervision of senior clients. He or she provides companionship to those individuals requiring guidance and support to ensure a safe, protected, clean, and orderly environment. This position is also responsible for personal care to residents of Beatitudes Campus and Off-Campus clients in their personal home or in a transitional setting. This position reports to the Director of Beatitudes at Home and is non-exempt from overtime pay.
Major Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Assist the client with activities of daily living such as bathing, grooming, transferring, ambulation, range of motion exercises, and nutritional needs.
- Assist client with instrumental activities of daily living such as shopping, light housekeeping, pet care, meal prep and maintaining a clean, safe environment.
- Perform delegated tasks as instructed by supervisor.
- Observes and reports client’s condition and safety hazards to supervisor and office team in a timely manner.
- Documents observations and activities in an accurate, complete and timely manner.
- Possesses organizational skills necessary to carry out visit/shift and to complete assigned tasks.
- Completes the Home Companion log book after every shift to keep client status and care plan information current.
- Provides documents to keep employee information and certifications current.
- Protects client heath information according to HIPPA and federal and state law and regulations.
- Maintains professional appearances, attitude and demeanor while on duty.
- Performs other miscellaneous tasks which would normally be required of a non-medical caregiver.
- Escorts clients to and from appointments, errands and activities. May drive own vehicle or client’s vehicle.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must be able to obtain:
Valid driver’s license
Reliable form of transportation (own vehicle required)
Vehicle registration and insurance
CPR and First Aid certification
Fingerprint clearance card
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered as detailed description of all the work requirements which may be inherent in the position.
Beatitudes Campus is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Please Be Advised: Background checks, reference checks, TB testing, and drug and alcohol screenings are part of the hiring process at Beatitudes Campus. Felony convictions should be disclosed, but will not necessarily bar a candidate from employment.
Pay: $13 to $14/hour
Job Status: Part Time