Statement of Purpose: The primary purpose of this position is to obtain required information and admit residents in an efficient manner, in accordance with established policies and procedures, and to develop and implement a marketing plan as directed by your supervisor. This position reports directly to the Sr. Vice President of Health Services and is non-exempt from overtime pay.
Major Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Admit and arrange for preparation of identification records for residents in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Responsible to log all admission inquiries and admissions with corresponding data daily.
- Coordinates admission of all residents with all departments and facilities involved.
- Check all insurances, verifies payor sources, receives any and all authorizations for those admissions and verify they meet criteria of admission to the facility and communicates this information to all appropriate team members.
- Meets with the residents and/or family members prior to admission when possible to gain a more accurate evaluation of needs and limitations.
- Conducts tours of facility for all interested parties.
- Initiates and completes all admission paperwork within 48 hours on new residents and readmissions.
- Establishes and maintains contact with family members assessing their needs and being aware of their level of satisfaction with the quality of care being provided the resident.
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategic marketing plans to educate outside professionals about the healthcare centers.
- Work with campus marketing representatives to coordinate events, advertising and promotions. Also work with Life Enrichment, Nursing and Dining Services departments on event coordination and implementation.
- Meets prospective residents and their families and gives tours, information, and assistance in understanding the services offered.
- Answers telephone inquiries related to prospective admissions.
- Directs incoming visitors to appropriate departments.
- Receive and follow work schedule/instructions from your supervisor and as outlined in our established policies and procedures
- Maintain a resident waiting list in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Establish and maintain resident master card file
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Health related field preferred. Work experience may be subsituted
- One year of “Admissions” in a long term care setting or hospital preferred
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered as detailed description of all the work requirements which may be inherent in the position
Job Status: Full Time