Administrative Support Coordinator AL/EMS
Statement of Purpose: The Administrative Support Coordinator is responsible for supporting the overall function of the assisted living/EMS department. The routine functions of the job shall be scheduled to meet the comprehensive needs and interests of the current State and Federal regulations. This position reports to the Director of Assisted Living and is non-exempt from overtime pay.
Major Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Primary Responsibility is to assist with State & Regulatory Compliance Standards and Director of Assisted Living with daily functions of the dept.
- Back up person to obtain Physician Orders: X-Ray, Urine Analysis, and General Physician communication in the absence of Medication Coordinator
- Assemble charts for new residents, ensuring all medical and other pertinent documentation are received and included.
- Update computer records to document move-in, including tickler.
- Schedule transportation for all medical transports – work in cooperation with the transportation department.
- Prepare all medical envelopes with appropriate documentation to take to physician/medical appointments.
- Maintain State Survey Readiness Notebook at all times.
- Maintain and update all Assisted Living/EMS Resident’ face sheets as needed.
- Create a resident profile in AOD.
- Maintain appropriate levels of pagers and pendants for staff members.
- Complete daily log assignments for caregivers/med techs.
- Complete occupancy reports daily and distributes them to the appropriate campus departments.
- Complete work orders as needed.
- Order office supplies for Assisted Living/EMS.
- Assign all monthly reporting documents.
- Log all incident reports.
- Complete room tray reports.
- Keep Evacuation Book up-to-date.
- Assist in physician correspondence relating to admissions and discharges
- Routinely schedule resident refrigerator inspections for expired foods
- Regular resident apartment inspections for safety: tripping hazards and oxygen tanks properly stored.
- Maintain supplies in a storage room on 5th/2nd
- Assist in the Service Plan Renewal process
- Audit Resident Charts for appropriate placement of documents: as needed
- Assist with communication on change of condition to families and physicians
- Work as a Med Tech as needed
- Answer phone calls as needed
- Conduct audits on resident records or research resident info as requested
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Possess two years of experience in the Assisted Living/EMS Field with an emphasis on medication administration and writing physician orders
Beatitudes Campus is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Please Be Advised: Background checks, reference checks, TB testing, and drug and alcohol screenings are part of the hiring process at Beatitudes Campus. Felony convictions should be disclosed, but will not necessarily bar a candidate from employment.
Job Status: Full Time