The Comfort Matters Educator provides staff development expertise as an educator, consultant, facilitator, change agent and leader. Supports inter-professional development of Comfort Matters program in designated long-term care organizations and Beatitudes Campus. As part of the Comfort Matters team, teaches comfort-focused dementia care education through assessment, lecture, demonstration, implementation of program competencies and leadership development. Exemplifies the Beatitudes Core Values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. Honors the Beatitudes Campus as a leader in the field of aging services.
- Conducts needs assessments using a variety of strategic tools for Comfort Matters organizations and Beatitudes Campus
- Assists learners from Comfort Matters organizations and Beatitudes Campus in the assessment of needs and identification of outcomes related to program standards
- Incorporates principles of adult learning in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of Comfort Matters education program
- Coordinates Comfort Matters dementia care education with Human Resources at Beatitudes Campus for new staff orientation
- Assists in coordination of education plans related to initial and ongoing competency validation for Comfort Matters organizations and Beatitudes Campus
- Develops/coordinates additional core and application education to address dementia-specific nursing care
- Plans, prepares and maintains evidence-based materials for use in Comfort Matters educational programs
- Identifies and evaluates instructional materials in all types of media and formats for ongoing use in Comfort Matters education programs
- Adjusts content and teaching strategies appropriate to learner needs
- Supports staff development for Comfort Matters organizations and Beatitudes Campus staff with educational activities (which include remediation, coaching and mentoring)
- Teaches Comfort Matters content at designated long-term care organizations and Beatitudes Campus
- Travels as assigned to deliver Comfort Matters content to organizations/agencies nationally/internationally
- Presents at local and national events to promote Comfort Matters and Beatitudes Campus
- Writes manuscripts and journal articles in partnership with Comfort Matters team
- Serves as an Comfort Matters consultant to long-term care organizations and Beatitudes Campus staff
- Advises on development strategies for building nursing leadership
- Advises team empowerment and development at designated organizations and Beatitudes Campus
- Provides comfort-focused consultation services using onsite and remote methods
- Advises on the regulatory process as it relates to Comfort Matters principles and practice for designated organizations and Beatitudes Campus
- Collaborates with identified partners for implementation of comfort-focused clinical standards for people with dementia
- Consults with Comfort Matters organizations and Beatitudes Campus staff to adopt comfort-focused dementia practice and systems
Skills / Requirements
Bachelor’s degree preferably in one of the following fields: Nursing, Social Work, Education, or Healthcare Administration.
A minimum of five year’s work in a geriatric setting with dementia related experience.
Knowledge of adult learning techniques and curricula development.
Must be able to drive and travel nationally up to 3-4 times per month.
Well-organized and detail oriented with excellent communication skills including public speaking and a demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment with multiple competing demands.
Ability to develop and initiate learning opportunities for long-term staff in multiple settings.
Strong mentor, coach and consulting skills on Comfort Matters concepts and curricula.
Leadership skills with an engaging personality.