Beatitudes Campus was founded in 1965 as a place where older adults could live, learn, and grow through all the days of their lives. Our Founders dreamed of a "campus," borrowing the term from the educational community because of its sense of continual growth and vibrancy. Our Campus was one of the first to introduce the concept of continuing care and improve the quality of retirement living in North Central Phoenix.
Statement of Purpose: The Assisted Living Nurse is responsible for providing oversight of resident care and direct supervision to the med-techs and caregivers delivering care and services to the residents. The Nurse is also responsible for the overall medication delivery. The Nurse reports to the Director of Assisted Living and is non-exempt from overtime pay.
Major Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to and conveys the philosophy and mission of Beatitudes Campus.
- Adheres and conveys philosophy of supporting dignity, privacy, independence and choice is aware and knowledgeable of the state rules and regulations.
- Keeps resident information confidential, respects resident’s rights, respects privacy and the right to self-determination by the residents.
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet requirements of the job-including the resident and staff needs.
- Abides by established policies and procedures of the facility. Looks for ways to improve facility function.
- Facilitates the overall coordination of care for residents.
- Participates in routine review of resident service plans to identify needs for additional assessment, health monitoring, or other coordination of care needs.
- Responds to resident or staff concerns in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Coordinates residents health care in collaboration with outside health care agencies ie; pharmacy, physician, home health, hospice etc.
- Responsible for TB renewals and injections for residents.
- Notifies physician and/or designated agent(s) of resident status/change as appropriate
- Works closely with Director, Nurse Manager, resident, designated agent(s) meeting personal and related healthcare needs.
- Coordinates and/or supervises appropriate documentation for all changes of condition.
- Performs weekly review of medication administration records.
- Reads staff communications and maintains familiarity with resident needs.
- Communicates changes in service plans to staff as the need occurs.
- Assures accurate transcription of physician orders is recorded accurately.
- Identifies resident and staff training needs, and communicates those needs to the Nurse Manager.
- Ability to relate to the public, residents, families, staff, and other professionals appropriately.
- Able to recognize and communicate problems effectively.
- Monitors any resident skin concerns weekly.
- Conducts weekly audit of treatment cart to ensure accuracy of TARS.
- Works closely with the medication coordinator for assistance in receiving or revising orders from doctors/nurse practitioners to obtain changes in doctor’s orders as indicated by resident’s progress or lack of progress in healing.
- Notify doctor of new skin problems, changes of condition and when skin conditions heal.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Previous experience working with the elderly population as a nurse in the geriatric field and with patients that have trouble thinking
- Current/valid Arizona LPN License, Fingerprint Clearance Card, CPR and 1st Aid certification
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered as detailed description of all the work requirements which may be inherent in the position.
Beatitudes Campus is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.